I'm Fábio, a Software Engineer who cares about using the best practices to build great products and services.
No one is good in everything but as an engineer, i'm highly motivated to work with new technologies and understanding how they work.
I'm NOT the typical "code monkey" and i don't work only with a single programming language, tool, design pattern, protocol, etc. Unique problems require unique solutions and that's why it's so important to me to spend time to fully understand the problem before working on a potential solution.
In my free time, i enjoy running outside, mountain bike riding, listening music, watching tv shows, traveling and contributing to open source community.
I'm always looking for good opportunities to work with smart people on awesome projects, so feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSc, Computer Engineering - Mobile Computing [2015 - present]
- BSc, Computer Engineering - Information Systems [2011 - 2015]
La Redoute — Software Engineer
Feb 2016 - present
La Redoute is a french fashion and home retailer company founded by Joseph Pollet in 1837. The company operates in 26 countries and has more than 10 million of active clients.
I'm part of the 2nd Level Support Team that provides software support for the company's subsidiaries (BE, CH, ES, FR/.COM, IT, NO, PT, RU, SE and UK). From trivial software failures to complex technical problems, the team work in close collaboration with development teams to solve issues as quickly as possible and keep the business running.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Developing and improving batch applications that are vital for enterprise operations;
- Real-time troubleshooting, testing and debugging software applications / business processes;
- Analysing, diagnosing and solving complex technical issues reported by all company subsidiaries around the world.
- Web services: SOAP;
- Frameworks / Libraries: Spring, JUnit and Mockito;
- Databases: IBM DB2;
- Others: JavaEE, GlassFish, SVN and Jenkins.
Bicimax — Web Developer
Oct 2015 - Feb 2016
Bicimax is a B2B company dedicated to import and distribution of cycling products (e.g. FOX, Trek, Northwave), working with more than 2,500 clients across Portugal and Spain.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Developed B2B/B2C web applications and integrated them with several data sources and external services (e.g. Payment Gateways, CTT Expresso, SEUR, MailChimp);
- Systems and software integration (Linux / Microsoft technologies / Primavera ERP);
- Optimized and improved some business processes (e.g. send automatic confirmation emails to customers when an order is placed or shipped);
- Setup and maintained a LEMP (Linux + Nginx + MySQL + PHP) stack;
- Improved security, stability and performance through CDN (Content Delivery Network), APM (Application Performance Management) tools (e.g. New Relic), iptables and custom logs.
- Web services: REST and SOAP;
- Frameworks / Libraries: Laravel, Lumen, AngularJS, PHPUnit, jQuery and Bootstrap;
- E-commerce solutions: OpenCart;
- Databases: MySQL and MS SQL;
- Others: Apache, Nginx and Git.
- Student member [2016 - present]
- Student member [2015 - present]